Join us for the 12th Annual DAY AT THE FARM!
Delta Farmland and Wildlife Trust (DF&WT) is arranging the 12th Annual “Day at the Farm” community event to be held on September 9th, 2017. This is one of the most exciting agricultural fairs in the Lower Mainland because it provides visitors the opportunity to connect with real farms, real farmers, and real food. The event takes place at Westham Island Herb Farm.
Our goal is to help educate our communities about the nature and importance of agriculture and non-market environmental services that it provides. The event will feature the very popular hay-wagon farm tours (led by 3rd generation farmer Gordon Ellis), as well as:
- Live Cash and Carter Tribute Show starring Tony Barton and Tracey Neff!
- Live Local Music Talent Show
- Live Mini-Auction
- Homemade Food Contest*
- BC Fresh Potato Dig
- Vancouver Food Trucks featuring Delta ingredients!
- Antique Tractors and Farm Equipment
- BC Dairy Association Mobile Dairy Classroom
- BC Agriculture in the Classroom and student chefs preparing local fare
- Wildlife Conservation on Farmland
- AND MUCH MORE!!
* Homemade Food Contest: Bring your best signature dish using local produce and enter the contest. Awards for the tastiest dish! Contest is judged by a professional chef and starts at the Show Stage at NOON!
FREE Admission or by donation! **Bring non-perishable food items to donate to the local food bank! Farm Credit Canada Staff and volunteers will be collecting at event entrances!
Thank you to our generous Sponsors!
Delta Farmland and Wildlife Trust